Sunday, November 8, 2009

Review: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves



So how come it took me so long to write the review even thou I got the game at midnight at my local wal-mart?? Well to be perfectly honest.. I simply can't stop playing it.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves simply does everything right.. Certain websites were quick to say that Uncharted 2 brought nothing new to the table and even went on to say that the franchise has nothing to call it's own, I dare these websites to show me a game that makes every aspect as smooth and immersive as Uncharted 2 has done. Everything in this game simply works, the smoothness of the gameplay, the great story, the superb sound and the awesome graphics that make you stop every few minutes ans just say wow. No other game has ever, EVER made me feel so close to a character, Nathan Drake is a fun, laid back but yet brave guy that I can relate to. Not some guy in a space suit that I just don't have nothing in common with.

For this very reason I simply couldn't stop playing the game. There has never been a game that has made me feel like I am in the game.. and if this is not innovation, then I don't know what is.

From start to finish Naughty Dog decided not to cut corners and it shows. One of the best single player experiences, very much on par with MGS4 and an extremely addicting multiplayer that is quite fun to keep playing and leveling up.

By this point most of you have already enjoyed the game so I will not go too much into detail about every aspect of the game but what I will do is share why (if you haven't already) you should buy the game.

I personally have my psn friend's list full and yet I did not see the majority of my friends enjoy this game, which is quite a shame. I understand that $60 is quite a bit of money, specially now a days but I can assure you that the experience you will get from this game is quite exclusive and unique, worth to sit down and enjoy and admire how in the world, all of the sudden you feel so connected to a character that was created in a computer.

Overall I have enjoyed this game immensely and after playing the multiplayer for many hours there is a couple of things that I would change, and this is the reason why I will not be giving a perfect score to such an amazing game.

A few things that I think it would make this game even more amazing, would be to have the ability to have an offline co-op for you and a friend to play at home and create even a more immersive experience by having someone boost you up in high places, help you figure out puzzles and kill more enemies. It would simply add an even more amazing experience to the game. I am by no means trying to say that the game isn't great because it's missing this feature, but I simply would like to see more developers implement this feature into game, because as of lately they happen to forget that we do have friends in real life and is not all about online gaming. I also believe that the Character Chloe felt a little out of place in this game and did not fit the experience as well as it should. It kinda appeared and disappeared and she did things that weren't quite explained. The character of Chloe left me a bit disappointed but it was fun nonetheless.

The other very important part that I believe the game needs improvement on it's on the power of the weapons.. I strongly believe that the weapons need just a notch of more power. It's quite frustrating to shoot someone so many times for them to just run away find cover and throw back a grenade, I do like that it takes longer to kill someone than in CoD4 but it does take a bit too long to kill someone. Making the experience somehow frustrating.

And even thou the booster system is quite good, I believe that it could've used a little more thought and effort to make it great. I have already unlocked about 6 good boosters on slot 2 while I've only found 1 needed on Slot 1, I believe they should've mixxed them better and be a bit more creative on some of them.

I do realize that some of my complains may be the very reason why some other people would love the game even more. But as for my personal preference, I do believe that the game is not quite there but yet I strongly believe that Uncharted 3 will be even a more amazing game and will without a doubt make another great addition to my already overwhelming ps3 game collection.


Graphics 9.9
Sound 9.5
Gameplay 9.8
Presentation 10
Story 10

Overall: 9.7 out of 10

Pretty Damn Good Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment